Generally - in the same way as other students
Postgraduate students are eligible for a Mecenat card in the same way as other university students. In most cases, PhD students receive the card in the same way as other students, which you can read about here.
Registration of activity afterwards can affect the card
The travel discount on public transport is conditional on a certain study scope (more information here). For "ordinary" students, course registrations are done in Ladok, but for postgraduate students, the activity is often registered afterwards. To resolve there are two exceptions:
- The first semester we can assume that you study full time and give yourself the discount on local traffic.
- The following terms we can look at the activity level of the previous semester, e.g. we look at term 3 on your activity term 2 to set the discount.
How do I solve problems that arise?
- Make sure your institution has updated you in Ladok.
- If you have the Mecenat card as a student union member - check with the student union, they can often solve this.
- Otherwise - arrange a Registration Certificate from Ladok that shows that you are a PhD student this semester and shows your activity for the previous semester and send us to us.
NOTE - you neet to actively choose to have Activity Rate included in the certificate. This is required for the public transport discounts, more information here.
Note - Postdoc does not entitle to a Mecenat card