Programmes and courses where students are entitled to financial aid from CSN
To be entitled to the Mecenat card you need to be a student at a programme or course that entitles its students to financial aid from CSN. You do not need to receive such aid yourself, it is the status of the course/programme that matters.
Doing our courses or tests do not entitle, unless you are reregistered for the course.
You can read more about which programmes are entitled on CSN's webb pages.
Some specific courses and programmes are exempt from the requirement of CSN entitlement, more on this below.
Non-entitled education forms - do not entitle to a Mecenat card
Non CSN entitled forms of education are not entitled to the Mecenat card. Some common examples are listed below:
- Elementary school - Grundskola
- Swedish for immigrants - SFI
- Uppdragsutbildning (exception - the police programme which is entitled)
- Yrkesutbildningar med aktivitetsersättning från Försäkringskassan
Exceptions from the CSN entitlement requirement
Some forms of education are exempt from the requirement to be CSN entitled. These are listed below:
- Gymnasiesärskola (equivalent of High School).
- Särvux och Lärvux (equivalent of Komvux).
- PhD studies (note - not Postdoc studies)
- Elected student union representatives.
- Students at the Officer programme at FHS - Officersprogrammet.