Why does Mecenat need a certificate?
Mecenat may sometimes need a certificate from your university. Usually to see that you are eligible for a Mecenat card or a discount on public transport. Below you can read which documents are approved certificates.
You can download a Registration Certificate here: https://www.student.ladok.se/student/loggain
PDF format for faster reply - Attaching the original PDF (instead of screenshots, JPG:s etc) can significantly speed up the application reply time!
It shows the right to a Mecenat card and discounts on public transport if the study scope is sufficient.
- A Registration Certificate shows that you are an active registered student and thereby verifies that you are eligible for a Mecenat card.
- It also shows that you are entitled to the discount on local traffic provided that the scope of study is sufficient.
- Sometimes the Registration Certificate only shows the courses for the start of the semester. If so you can supplement it with a Certificate of Expected Participation in Courses for the remainder of the semester to show the rate of study to get the discount on public transport.
Certificate of expected participation
Do not qualify for Mecenatkort but can supplement a Registration Certificate for a discount on public transport.
- A Certificate of Expected Participation does not show that you are an active registered student so it is not enough to get a Mecenat card.
- A Certificate of Expected Participation can be used in combination with a Registration Certificate to show your rate of study during the semester in order to receive the discount on public transport.
Does not qualify for a Mecenat card or the discount on public transport.
- An admission notice indicates that you are accepted to the course/program and have the right to start studying if you choose to accept, but does not verify that you have accepted and started your studies.
- Thus, it is not a certificate that you are an active registered student so it does not verify that you are entitled to a Mecenat card or to the discount with public transport.