Why does Mecenat need a certificate?
Mecenat may sometimes need a certificate from your university. Usually to see that you are eligible for a Mecenat card or a discount on public transport. Below you can read which documents are approved certificates.
You can download a Registration Certificate here: https://www.student.ladok.se/student/loggain
PDF format for faster reply - Attaching the original PDF (instead of screenshots, JPG:s etc) can significantly speed up the application reply time!
It shows the right to a Mecenat card and discounts on public transport if the study scope is sufficient.
- A Registration Certificate shows that you are an active registered student and thereby verifies that you are eligible for a Mecenat card.
- It also shows that you are entitled to the discount on local traffic provided that the scope of study is sufficient.
- Sometimes the Registration Certificate only shows the courses for the start of the semester. If so you can supplement it with a Certificate of Expected Participation in Courses for the remainder of the semester to show the rate of study to get the discount on public transport.
- PhD students - registration and activity registration works a bit differently for PhD students, more information here.
Certificate of expected participation
Do not qualify for Mecenatkort but can supplement a Registration Certificate for a discount on public transport.
- A Certificate of Expected Participation does not show that you are an active registered student so it is not enough to get a Mecenat card.
- A Certificate of Expected Participation can be used in combination with a Registration Certificate to show your rate of study during the semester in order to receive the discount on public transport.
Does not qualify for a Mecenat card or the discount on public transport.
- An admission notice indicates that you are accepted to the course/program and have the right to start studying if you choose to accept, but does not verify that you have accepted and started your studies.
- Thus, it is not a certificate that you are an active registered student so it does not verify that you are entitled to a Mecenat card or to the discount with public transport.