A large number of public transport companies use the "Studentresesymbolen" logo as a symbol for their student discounts. It is currently used by the following companies:
- Jönköpings Länstrafik
- Kalmar Länstrafik
- Länstrafiken Kronoberg
These companies require you to have "Studentresesymbolen" on your digital Mecenat card to use their student discounts.
Important - Please note the following:
- You need to be able to show a valid digital Mecenat card with the "Studentresesymbolen" symbol on it to use the discount. If you do not you may be fined.
- Most companies do not check if you have a valid card when you purchase the card, it is up to you to make sure you have a valid card before using the discount.
- The "Studentresesymbolen" symbol is not printed on physical cards, it is only displayed on the digital card.
Who is entitled to "Studentresesymbolen"?
To be entitled to have Studentresesymbolen on your digital card and use the discounts you need to fulfill the following requirements:
- Study at an education that is entitled to student aid from CSN (Note - you do not need to be entitled to the aid personally, it is just that the education needs CSN's approval).
- Be registered for at least 50% of a full semesters activity.
- Be registered as studying at least 10 weeks during the semester.
This corresponds to
- 15 ECTS points for studies at University level.
- 200 points for studies at Komvux.
- 50 points for studies at YH.
SFI and other educations that do not entitle to CSN also do not entitle to the Studentresesymbolen discount.
High School (Gymnasiet) studies also do not entitle to the Studentresesymbolen discount.