A large number of public transport companies use the "Studentresesymbolen" logo as a symbol for their student discounts. It is currently used by the following companies:
- Jönköpings Länstrafik
- Kalmar Länstrafik
- Luleå lokaltrafik
- Länstrafiken Kronoberg
- Länstrafiken Örebro
These companies require you to have "Studentresesymbolen" on your digital Mecenat card to use their student discounts.
Note - Validity dates are 2022-09-15 and 2023-02-10
The validity period for Studentresesymbolen differs from the validity period of the Mecenat card itself and other discounts.
- Spring 2022 cards is until 15th of September
- Fall 2022 cards until the 10th of February.
Important - Please note the following:
- You need to be able to show a valid digital Mecenat card with the "Studentresesymbolen" symbol on it to use the discount. If you do not you may be fined.
- Most companies do not check if you have a valid card when you purchase the card, it is up to you to make sure you have a valid card before using the discount.
- The "Studentresesymbolen" symbol is not printed on physical cards, it is only displayed on the digital card.
Who is entitled to "Studentresesymbolen"?
To be entitled to have Studentresesymbolen on your digital card and use the discounts you need to fulfill the following requirements:
- Study at an education that is entitled to student aid from CSN (Note - you do not need to be entitled to the aid personally, it is just that the education needs CSN's approval).
- Be registered for at least 50% of a full semesters activity.
- Be registered as studying at least 10 weeks during the semester.
This corresponds to
- 15 ECTS points for studies at University level.
- 200 points for studies at Komvux.
- 50 points for studies at YH.
SFI and other educations that do not entitle to CSN also do not entitle to the Studentresesymbolen discount.
High School (Gymnasiet) studies also do not entitle to the Studentresesymbolen discount.