You will receive the Mecenat card automatically
If you are a student at Chalmers you need to be a member of the Chalmers Student Union. Your card is ordered by them after you have become a member and have registered for your courses this semester.
You can find the student union here: http://www.chalmersstudentkar.se/
News for the fall 2020 semester - one physical card to last the entire study period
From the fall of 2020 you will receive one card to last you the entire time you are a student att Chalmers.
Newly admitted students will be able to collect their card on campus. Others will get it by post.
The physical card is used:
- As a key for various funcions on campus
- As a local credit card
- The physical card is not valid as a Student ID and does not entitle to Mecenat discounts.
The digital card is used:
- As a Student ID for Västtrafik (public transport) among others.
- As proof that you are a student at Chalmers and a student union member
- To access the Mecenat student discounts
Digital card at once
- Your digital card is created within one working day after the union ordered it (often the same day).
- You can find the digital card and the app here.
- If you have a Mobile Bank ID or an old Mecenat account you can access the digital card at once, otherwise see below.
Email the next day
- You will receive an email from us with information on how to get started with the digital card. The email arrives the morning after the card is created.
A physical card in one week
- We send your physical card in a letter to the address we receive from the union.